What is Joomla?
Joomla! is an award-winning content management system (CMS). This CMS can be used to build all types of websites and powerful online applications.
Some of the benefits of using a Joomla CMS are:
• Simple framework and usability
• Highly extensible with thousands of extensions available, this caters for specialised functionality
• Open source platform with a large active community
• Reputable platform – below are a few examples of some of the websites built on Joomla
1. Peugeot – www.peugeot.com
2. Harvard University (Educational) – http://gsas.harvard.edu
3. Citibank (Financial institution intranet) – Not publicly accessible
4. FUNX ( Radiostation – Netherlands ) – http://www.funx.nl/
5. Oklahoma State University – osu.okstate.edu
More examples of companies using Joomla can be found in the Joomla Community Site Showcase.
Joomla is used worldwide and caters to the following types of website
• Corporate Web sites or portals
• Corporate intranets and extranets
• Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
• E-commerce and online reservations
• Government applications
• Small business Web sites
• Non-profit and organizational Web sites
• Community-based portals
• School and church Web sites
• Personal or family homepages
For more information about Joomla! visit the Joomla homepage.